ANNEXURE : "A-31"
(Typed copy of the letter)
Milap Chand Choraria
24/29, Binoba Bhave Road,
Dated 17th August 1990.
Mr. P. K. Ray,
Between 1979 and 1988 you appeared in several cases on my behalf and you cannot say that any of my statement
of facts were false during any of my said proceedings. At the same time this was my impression that you are a man of principle.
But, following facts creates some doubts in my mind:-
- You was intimated by one Sanjay Kumar Jhunjhunwala of 9/1, Lower Rowdon Street, Calcutta-20, about attempt to my murder
happened on 18th July 1986.
- You gone through the letter dated 5th November, 1986 written by the said Sanjay Kumar Jhunjhunwala to me and
plaint of Title Suit No. 460 of 1987 of Learned Court of 5th Munsif, Alipore when you settled my Affidavit-in-opposition
against stay petition filed by one Chittaranjan Ganguly in Appeal preferred by him and moved before Honble High Court, Calcutta
against Judgment of Honble Mr. Justice Sushanta Chatterjee in our matter. But, you declined to use the said materials and
also declined to refer the name of said Sanjay Kumar Jhunjhunwala in my said Affidavit.
- You informed me about notification published against me, in the Daily Baratman the Bengali Newspapers, by Ava Rani Dey
and another and you supplied copy of Newspaper to me.
- On 21st June 1988 when you appeared on our behalf you not made any arguments, when Honble Appeal Court, granted
stay against construction made by us in Appeal filed by said Chittaranjan Ganguly against said Judgment of Honble Mr. Justice
- You had taken briefs of 2 application under Section 340 Cr. P. C. to move before Honble Appeal Court against said Chittaranjan
Ganguly but you just filed instead of moving the same.
- When my matter was fixed for hearing before Deputy Municipal Commissioner (Building), Calcutta Municipal Corporation,
you refused to go Corporation premises on the claim of lack of lift facility, while there was lift facility with full of your
knowledge. And you had suggested the name of another Advocate for the purpose, who was not perfect choice for my case.
(Milap Chand Choraria)